Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sandakan trip


Ikan pari Ikan yu


Very huge pari! Vege galore...


I was in Sandakan, Sabah on 27-28 June 2008 for a branch visit and training. It was a long-haul flight, it departed at 9.20am from KLIA and I reached Sandakan (with an hour transit in KK) at almost 2pm! I didn't manage to have breakfast at home, so hungrily, I had to force myself to eat the cold 'cucur bilis' served inflight. I heard that now MAS is serving hot meals again for flights to E. Malaysia.




Generally, East Malaysians are a friendly lot. My taxi driver, Mr Tia, was ever ready waiting for me on Saturday morning to take me to the branch, which was 16km away from Sandakan Hotel.




I had a blast on Saturday wee morning. After 'subuh', I was already in the Central Market scouting for prawns... at 5.45am... You wouldn't catch me doing that back here! I bought 5kg of fresh prawns, just brought up from the fishing boats... at RM10/kg. I also bought 2kg of ikan sebelah. Had to also buy the styrofoam box for packing. Left the seafood to be frozen in the hotel's freezer for whole of Saturday and the bell boy packed it up for me on Sunday morning before I left for the airport.




One thing depressed me as I went around town ... turtle eggs are being sold rampantly all around mid-town. Where's the enforcement??!!!



"A reward of a thing well done is to have done it." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays~

No comments:

My Fav Books

  • Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps
  • Whale Done! The Power of Positive Relationships
  • Fish! A Remarkable Way To Boost Morale & Improve Results
  • Who Moved My Cheese?
  • Shopaholic & Baby
  • Shopaholic & Sister
  • Shopaholic Ties The Knot
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic